The road racing season that is.......... Two weeks ago we headed down to Jefferson Cup and followed the usual process:
- had dinner at the Mellow Mushroom
- got crepes for dessert
- a good night's sleep
Then race day.......
- up early for the Cat 4 race
- warmed-up in the rain
- worked up into the top 20 in the first few miles
- felt as though I had good legs
- JEEZ.....PUNCTURE, after 5 miles.
- Get a wheel change and ride around with the peloton nowhere in sight for 2 laps.
- Rain and cold gets worse.......climb into the car.
- Watch the 1,2,3 and Masters become hypothermic during there race.
- Drive home in the torrential rain.
So now we have Tour of Walkersville and Tysons Corner, time to start the road racing season again.......
- Impromptu Bowie Isolation Marathon
- Post run functional strength work...this season I'm taking a more holistic view of my #swimbikerun & ensuring that strength work doesn't get skipped. . . . #triathlon #ironman #salmingrunning #IFB #triathlete #2020goals #running
- Still reflecting on @gravel_worlds from this past weekend. 150miles of primo gravel in Lincoln NE with 10,000ft of climbing. It was hard but I went for it and utimately paid the price in the last hour when I cracked, really cracked. Crawled to the finish just over 9hrs after starting.....but yes it was fun! . . . . . #gravelworlds #gravelride #IFB #parvillacycles #cycling #vandessel #lincoln
- First cross race of the season at #AACX today....always a tough race when you are the race director as well but had a solid race for 4th in the Elite Masters. . . . . . #IFB #cyclocross #parvillacycles #vandessel #tifosioptics #pactimo #industrynine