The road racing season that is.......... Two weeks ago we headed down to Jefferson Cup and followed the usual process:
- had dinner at the Mellow Mushroom
- got crepes for dessert
- a good night's sleep
Then race day.......
- up early for the Cat 4 race
- warmed-up in the rain
- worked up into the top 20 in the first few miles
- felt as though I had good legs
- JEEZ.....PUNCTURE, after 5 miles.
- Get a wheel change and ride around with the peloton nowhere in sight for 2 laps.
- Rain and cold gets worse.......climb into the car.
- Watch the 1,2,3 and Masters become hypothermic during there race.
- Drive home in the torrential rain.
So now we have Tour of Walkersville and Tysons Corner, time to start the road racing season again.......
- Xterra World Championships 2017.....Race Report
- A few races to go for the 2018 #marathonmtb season but the #stoke is still high after the @shenandoahmountaintouring #shenandoah100 last week.... . . . . . . . . #parvillacycles #pactimo #alchemybicycles #wearhandske #IFB
- Nothing to See Here.....But a Win is a Win!
- That was hard today at #AACX....8 hrs of course prep yesterday, 12 hrs of race directing today but nailed the podium in my first 'cross race of the 2018 season. . . . . . . . . #cantstopwontstop #cyclocross #parvillacycles #pactimo #ridelocalracelocal #IFB