The road racing season that is.......... Two weeks ago we headed down to Jefferson Cup and followed the usual process:
- had dinner at the Mellow Mushroom
- got crepes for dessert
- a good night's sleep
Then race day.......
- up early for the Cat 4 race
- warmed-up in the rain
- worked up into the top 20 in the first few miles
- felt as though I had good legs
- JEEZ.....PUNCTURE, after 5 miles.
- Get a wheel change and ride around with the peloton nowhere in sight for 2 laps.
- Rain and cold gets worse.......climb into the car.
- Watch the 1,2,3 and Masters become hypothermic during there race.
- Drive home in the torrential rain.
So now we have Tour of Walkersville and Tysons Corner, time to start the road racing season again.......
- Perfect day out on the trails yesterday on the @alchemybicycles at #schaefferfarms . . . . . . #IFB #parvillacycles #MTB #xterratriathlon #mtbracing #marathonmtb
- Kind of a rough day at 6hrs at Woodstock. First 3.5 hrs were fine (even with a 10min stop for horses on the trail) and then stomach shut down. Probably related to stomach bug earlier in the week. Decided not to head out for another lap. Great trails though and a good race from Joe's Bike Shop as always. 📸: @dchammerette . . . . #6HAW #parvillacycles #mtbracing #mtbmarathon #IFB #patapsco #mtb
- Got to ride the trails at Marine Corp Base Quantico yesterday at the Quantico Epic....50 miles of awesomeness despite the muddy trails. Gradually feeling like I have recovered from the #bestbikegameever . . . . . . #marathonmtb #parvillacycles #alchemybicycles #IFB #quanticoepic #cycling #mtbracing
- Coffee Ride.....Full Tilt Boogie Style