The road racing season that is.......... Two weeks ago we headed down to Jefferson Cup and followed the usual process:
- had dinner at the Mellow Mushroom
- got crepes for dessert
- a good night's sleep
Then race day.......
- up early for the Cat 4 race
- warmed-up in the rain
- worked up into the top 20 in the first few miles
- felt as though I had good legs
- JEEZ.....PUNCTURE, after 5 miles.
- Get a wheel change and ride around with the peloton nowhere in sight for 2 laps.
- Rain and cold gets worse.......climb into the car.
- Watch the 1,2,3 and Masters become hypothermic during there race.
- Drive home in the torrential rain.
So now we have Tour of Walkersville and Tysons Corner, time to start the road racing season again.......
- Searching out some local gravel for a recovery hour this evening......Bowie Racetrack was perfect! Dead flat, no-one else around, zero cars. 128 furlongs of easy riding. . . . #parvillacycles #gravelride #cycling #ciclismo #bowiemd #IFB
- With group rides being off the table for the foreseeable future (my own personal choice) it's been fun to spend some more time on the #specializedshiv Time to think of an epic ride to do. . . . . #iridespecialized #specializedfans #IFB #parvillacycles #timetrial #swimbikerun #ironmantri #cyclinglife #triathlon
- Taking The Shiv Out For A Drive
- Open road today......perfect day for riding! . . . #parvillacycles #tifosioptics #specialized #cyclinglife #gopro #IFB