The road racing season that is.......... Two weeks ago we headed down to Jefferson Cup and followed the usual process:
- had dinner at the Mellow Mushroom
- got crepes for dessert
- a good night's sleep
Then race day.......
- up early for the Cat 4 race
- warmed-up in the rain
- worked up into the top 20 in the first few miles
- felt as though I had good legs
- JEEZ.....PUNCTURE, after 5 miles.
- Get a wheel change and ride around with the peloton nowhere in sight for 2 laps.
- Rain and cold gets worse.......climb into the car.
- Watch the 1,2,3 and Masters become hypothermic during there race.
- Drive home in the torrential rain.
So now we have Tour of Walkersville and Tysons Corner, time to start the road racing season again.......
Hey, are you still doing Lake Anna/Rumpass next weekend? I'm doing it. You got any intel on the bike course? I see a map but don't see any real info; other than two loops.
Yeah still doing the Olympic on Sat. As far as I know there are a few rolling hills but nothing major. Based on the times last year it should be a fast bike course.
Post a Comment