The road racing season that is.......... Two weeks ago we headed down to Jefferson Cup and followed the usual process:
- had dinner at the Mellow Mushroom
- got crepes for dessert
- a good night's sleep
Then race day.......
- up early for the Cat 4 race
- warmed-up in the rain
- worked up into the top 20 in the first few miles
- felt as though I had good legs
- JEEZ.....PUNCTURE, after 5 miles.
- Get a wheel change and ride around with the peloton nowhere in sight for 2 laps.
- Rain and cold gets worse.......climb into the car.
- Watch the 1,2,3 and Masters become hypothermic during there race.
- Drive home in the torrential rain.
So now we have Tour of Walkersville and Tysons Corner, time to start the road racing season again.......
- Perfect day out on the trails yesterday on the @alchemybicycles at #schaefferfarms . . . . . . #IFB #parvillacycles #MTB #xterratriathlon #mtbracing #marathonmtb
- Wilderness 101 2019......hot, hot, hot
- Still reflecting on @gravel_worlds from this past weekend. 150miles of primo gravel in Lincoln NE with 10,000ft of climbing. It was hard but I went for it and utimately paid the price in the last hour when I cracked, really cracked. Crawled to the finish just over 9hrs after starting.....but yes it was fun! . . . . . #gravelworlds #gravelride #IFB #parvillacycles #cycling #vandessel #lincoln
- Night at the ballpark in the 'Burgh! . . . #piratesbaseball #pittsburgh #IFB #mlb