The road racing season that is.......... Two weeks ago we headed down to Jefferson Cup and followed the usual process:
- had dinner at the Mellow Mushroom
- got crepes for dessert
- a good night's sleep
Then race day.......
- up early for the Cat 4 race
- warmed-up in the rain
- worked up into the top 20 in the first few miles
- felt as though I had good legs
- JEEZ.....PUNCTURE, after 5 miles.
- Get a wheel change and ride around with the peloton nowhere in sight for 2 laps.
- Rain and cold gets worse.......climb into the car.
- Watch the 1,2,3 and Masters become hypothermic during there race.
- Drive home in the torrential rain.
So now we have Tour of Walkersville and Tysons Corner, time to start the road racing season again.......
- Can we start planning on the race schedule for 2021? Progress is being made in the search for vaccines....lets hope so eh? Better start training just in case! . . . . #IFB #parvillacycles #unpavedpa #cyclinglife #vandessel #gravelride #cycling #ciclismo #cyclingphotos
- Movember Effort
- End of year summary for 2020. It ended up being my biggest year in a long time (since I was cycling to work in the UK) and certainly helped by not having to commute into D.C for 9 months. Now the trick will be trying to replicate in coming years as (or if) the commute returns. I definitely respond well to higher volume and that will be important as I look to some future goals. . . . #parvillacycles #IFB #strava #triathlon #swimbikerun #cycling #ultramantri #ironmantri
- Ride 2 of the #festive500 for 2020....below freezing for a couple of hours today but as the saying goes "there is no such thing as bad weather with the right clothing". . . . #parvillacycles #IFB #alwaysevolve #gorewear #cycling #cyclinglife #iridespecialized #specializedallez #ridemd