So this was the 2nd week of the first build for ChesapeakeMan. The key workouts for most weeks are the long run and the long ride, with a consistent swim set too, this week was no different. It turned out that I didn't time for a long run so that was pushed to the first day of next week. The biking week turned out awesome with the July 4th holiday enabling a good midweek distance ride. The focus until the end of July is consistent workouts and building volume again.
Weather wise this week was tough....the Derecho storm knocked out power for 4 days, so it was tough to sleep in the heat and motivation to train was a little lacking!
Sat June 30th - Early morning run before heading to the store. 4.45m
- Rode after work for 90mins, steady talking pace. 28.48m
Sun July 1st - Recovery Day, just an easy hour ride along the WBA trail. 18.0m
Mon July 2nd - 2500yd swim with fins. First time with fins which are an awesome leg workout
- Evening Store ride from Parvilla. Rode big gear for strength 23.0m
Tues July 3rd - 2500yd swim with drills and sprints.
- D-Ville ride. Turned to be a great TT workout chasing off the back of the lead foursome. 45.0m
- Brick run. Didn't feel great but steady pace 3.5m
Weds July 4th - Long ride today out to Parvilla, group ride and back home. Rode the last half with Greg, nice steady pace. Needed a long day! 80.0m
Thurs July 5th - Recovery day with only a 2500m swim. Steady efforts at 5 x 500m
Fri July 6th - Wow! 100 degrees and an afternoon run for 45mins. 6.15m
Weekly Total - 14hrs 53mins
Total Mileage - 215miles
- Perfect day out on the trails yesterday on the @alchemybicycles at #schaefferfarms . . . . . . #IFB #parvillacycles #MTB #xterratriathlon #mtbracing #marathonmtb
- Kind of a rough day at 6hrs at Woodstock. First 3.5 hrs were fine (even with a 10min stop for horses on the trail) and then stomach shut down. Probably related to stomach bug earlier in the week. Decided not to head out for another lap. Great trails though and a good race from Joe's Bike Shop as always. 📸: @dchammerette . . . . #6HAW #parvillacycles #mtbracing #mtbmarathon #IFB #patapsco #mtb
- Got to ride the trails at Marine Corp Base Quantico yesterday at the Quantico Epic....50 miles of awesomeness despite the muddy trails. Gradually feeling like I have recovered from the #bestbikegameever . . . . . . #marathonmtb #parvillacycles #alchemybicycles #IFB #quanticoepic #cycling #mtbracing
- Coffee Ride.....Full Tilt Boogie Style