I always head into Ironman races with four main goals...
1) Finish - In such a long race you never know what can happen!
2) Race to a PR Time - For IMKY this will be under 10hrs 5mins.
3) Race to a goal time - I really think that I can get around 9hr 45mins if things go to plan. This would be a 1hr 5min swim, 5hrs 10mins on the bike and a 3hr 20mins marathon.
4) Put myself in with a chance of a Kona slot - If I manage the first three goals then the 4th will be taken care of. We have 6 slots atm in the 30-34AG and my goal time would put me in with a good chance of a slot. If it happens it happens, if not, well there is always next year. The key is a good race.
I feel prepared, the training and taper has gone well and I am looking forward to race day. To be honest I can't wait for race day...........If anyone is interested you can follow the race on www.ironman.com under the athlete tracker (#827).
- Xterra World Championships 2017.....Race Report
- A few races to go for the 2018 #marathonmtb season but the #stoke is still high after the @shenandoahmountaintouring #shenandoah100 last week.... . . . . . . . . #parvillacycles #pactimo #alchemybicycles #wearhandske #IFB
- Nothing to See Here.....But a Win is a Win!
- That was hard today at #AACX....8 hrs of course prep yesterday, 12 hrs of race directing today but nailed the podium in my first 'cross race of the 2018 season. . . . . . . . . #cantstopwontstop #cyclocross #parvillacycles #pactimo #ridelocalracelocal #IFB