I always head into Ironman races with four main goals...
1) Finish - In such a long race you never know what can happen!
2) Race to a PR Time - For IMKY this will be under 10hrs 5mins.
3) Race to a goal time - I really think that I can get around 9hr 45mins if things go to plan. This would be a 1hr 5min swim, 5hrs 10mins on the bike and a 3hr 20mins marathon.
4) Put myself in with a chance of a Kona slot - If I manage the first three goals then the 4th will be taken care of. We have 6 slots atm in the 30-34AG and my goal time would put me in with a good chance of a slot. If it happens it happens, if not, well there is always next year. The key is a good race.
I feel prepared, the training and taper has gone well and I am looking forward to race day. To be honest I can't wait for race day...........If anyone is interested you can follow the race on www.ironman.com under the athlete tracker (#827).
- With group rides being off the table for the foreseeable future (my own personal choice) it's been fun to spend some more time on the #specializedshiv Time to think of an epic ride to do. . . . . #iridespecialized #specializedfans #IFB #parvillacycles #timetrial #swimbikerun #ironmantri #cyclinglife #triathlon
- A throwback for #timetrialtuesday, my last #ironmantri at Louisville in 2013. This year was going to be my "comeback" to the Ironman distance but it will have to wait until 2021. . . . #parvillacycles #IFB #swimbikerun #triathlon #2021goals #pactimo #gurucycles #ironmanlouisville
- Searching out some local gravel for a recovery hour this evening......Bowie Racetrack was perfect! Dead flat, no-one else around, zero cars. 128 furlongs of easy riding. . . . #parvillacycles #gravelride #cycling #ciclismo #bowiemd #IFB
- Taking The Shiv Out For A Drive