I always head into Ironman races with four main goals...
1) Finish - In such a long race you never know what can happen!
2) Race to a PR Time - For IMKY this will be under 10hrs 5mins.
3) Race to a goal time - I really think that I can get around 9hr 45mins if things go to plan. This would be a 1hr 5min swim, 5hrs 10mins on the bike and a 3hr 20mins marathon.
4) Put myself in with a chance of a Kona slot - If I manage the first three goals then the 4th will be taken care of. We have 6 slots atm in the 30-34AG and my goal time would put me in with a good chance of a slot. If it happens it happens, if not, well there is always next year. The key is a good race.
I feel prepared, the training and taper has gone well and I am looking forward to race day. To be honest I can't wait for race day...........If anyone is interested you can follow the race on www.ironman.com under the athlete tracker (#827).
- Coffee Ride.....Full Tilt Boogie Style
- Getting out there early is worth it when you get gloriously frozen winter trails.....hero dirt winter edition! . . . . . #parvillacycles #mtbracing #mtbmarathon #alchemybicycles #baconridge #IFB #herodirt
- Just keep on rolling...even in 27° weather! The @parvillacycles Cranksgiving Ride was a chilly one today (the miles will pay off in the Spring they say) . . . . . . #IFB #cycling #specializedallez #specialized #ciclismo #gopro #parvillacycles #ridemd
- You have to make the best of work trips and a $6 ticket to see the @memgrizz counts as a good deal in my book! . . . . . #memphis #grizzlies #IFB #nba2k19