I always head into Ironman races with four main goals...
1) Finish - In such a long race you never know what can happen!
2) Race to a PR Time - For IMKY this will be under 10hrs 5mins.
3) Race to a goal time - I really think that I can get around 9hr 45mins if things go to plan. This would be a 1hr 5min swim, 5hrs 10mins on the bike and a 3hr 20mins marathon.
4) Put myself in with a chance of a Kona slot - If I manage the first three goals then the 4th will be taken care of. We have 6 slots atm in the 30-34AG and my goal time would put me in with a good chance of a slot. If it happens it happens, if not, well there is always next year. The key is a good race.
I feel prepared, the training and taper has gone well and I am looking forward to race day. To be honest I can't wait for race day...........If anyone is interested you can follow the race on www.ironman.com under the athlete tracker (#827).
- Next up is the @croatanbuckfifty .....150miles of #thebestbikegameever Just over a month away & #savageroad is waiting . . . #croatanbuckfifty #gravelgrinding #parvillacycles #IFB #fulltiltboogie
- Post run functional strength work...this season I'm taking a more holistic view of my #swimbikerun & ensuring that strength work doesn't get skipped. . . . #triathlon #ironman #salmingrunning #IFB #triathlete #2020goals #running
- First cross race of the season at #AACX today....always a tough race when you are the race director as well but had a solid race for 4th in the Elite Masters. . . . . . #IFB #cyclocross #parvillacycles #vandessel #tifosioptics #pactimo #industrynine
- First race week of #2020....@ripitevents Little Patuxent River Run Trail Half Marathon on Sunday. Let's see how the early season training has progessed! . . #ripitevents #salmingrunning #trailrunning #IFB #halfmarathon