I always head into Ironman races with four main goals...
1) Finish - In such a long race you never know what can happen!
2) Race to a PR Time - For IMKY this will be under 10hrs 5mins.
3) Race to a goal time - I really think that I can get around 9hr 45mins if things go to plan. This would be a 1hr 5min swim, 5hrs 10mins on the bike and a 3hr 20mins marathon.
4) Put myself in with a chance of a Kona slot - If I manage the first three goals then the 4th will be taken care of. We have 6 slots atm in the 30-34AG and my goal time would put me in with a good chance of a slot. If it happens it happens, if not, well there is always next year. The key is a good race.
I feel prepared, the training and taper has gone well and I am looking forward to race day. To be honest I can't wait for race day...........If anyone is interested you can follow the race on www.ironman.com under the athlete tracker (#827).
- Perfect day out on the trails yesterday on the @alchemybicycles at #schaefferfarms . . . . . . #IFB #parvillacycles #MTB #xterratriathlon #mtbracing #marathonmtb
- Kind of a rough day at 6hrs at Woodstock. First 3.5 hrs were fine (even with a 10min stop for horses on the trail) and then stomach shut down. Probably related to stomach bug earlier in the week. Decided not to head out for another lap. Great trails though and a good race from Joe's Bike Shop as always. 📸: @dchammerette . . . . #6HAW #parvillacycles #mtbracing #mtbmarathon #IFB #patapsco #mtb
- Got to ride the trails at Marine Corp Base Quantico yesterday at the Quantico Epic....50 miles of awesomeness despite the muddy trails. Gradually feeling like I have recovered from the #bestbikegameever . . . . . . #marathonmtb #parvillacycles #alchemybicycles #IFB #quanticoepic #cycling #mtbracing
- Coffee Ride.....Full Tilt Boogie Style