I always head into Ironman races with four main goals...
1) Finish - In such a long race you never know what can happen!
2) Race to a PR Time - For IMKY this will be under 10hrs 5mins.
3) Race to a goal time - I really think that I can get around 9hr 45mins if things go to plan. This would be a 1hr 5min swim, 5hrs 10mins on the bike and a 3hr 20mins marathon.
4) Put myself in with a chance of a Kona slot - If I manage the first three goals then the 4th will be taken care of. We have 6 slots atm in the 30-34AG and my goal time would put me in with a good chance of a slot. If it happens it happens, if not, well there is always next year. The key is a good race.
I feel prepared, the training and taper has gone well and I am looking forward to race day. To be honest I can't wait for race day...........If anyone is interested you can follow the race on www.ironman.com under the athlete tracker (#827).
- Luckily it appears that others haven't got the memo that the pool is open.....been liking the empty lanes during lunchtime swims these past few weeks! . . . . #parvillacycles #IFB #ironman #triathlon #triathlete #ultramantri #swimbikerun #gopro #ironmantri
- Can we start planning on the race schedule for 2021? Progress is being made in the search for vaccines....lets hope so eh? Better start training just in case! . . . . #IFB #parvillacycles #unpavedpa #cyclinglife #vandessel #gravelride #cycling #ciclismo #cyclingphotos
- Christmas Eve ✔ No Work Till 2021 ✔ #Festive500 Day 1 ✔ Wind & Rain ✔ 5hr Bike Ride ✔ Grandma's Cookies ✔ . . . #parvillacycles #IFB #cycling #ciclismo #cookieride #iridespecialized #tifosioptics
- End of year summary for 2020. It ended up being my biggest year in a long time (since I was cycling to work in the UK) and certainly helped by not having to commute into D.C for 9 months. Now the trick will be trying to replicate in coming years as (or if) the commute returns. I definitely respond well to higher volume and that will be important as I look to some future goals. . . . #parvillacycles #IFB #strava #triathlon #swimbikerun #cycling #ultramantri #ironmantri