I always head into Ironman races with four main goals...
1) Finish - In such a long race you never know what can happen!
2) Race to a PR Time - For IMKY this will be under 10hrs 5mins.
3) Race to a goal time - I really think that I can get around 9hr 45mins if things go to plan. This would be a 1hr 5min swim, 5hrs 10mins on the bike and a 3hr 20mins marathon.
4) Put myself in with a chance of a Kona slot - If I manage the first three goals then the 4th will be taken care of. We have 6 slots atm in the 30-34AG and my goal time would put me in with a good chance of a slot. If it happens it happens, if not, well there is always next year. The key is a good race.
I feel prepared, the training and taper has gone well and I am looking forward to race day. To be honest I can't wait for race day...........If anyone is interested you can follow the race on www.ironman.com under the athlete tracker (#827).
- Perfect day out on the trails yesterday on the @alchemybicycles at #schaefferfarms . . . . . . #IFB #parvillacycles #MTB #xterratriathlon #mtbracing #marathonmtb
- Wilderness 101 2019......hot, hot, hot
- Still reflecting on @gravel_worlds from this past weekend. 150miles of primo gravel in Lincoln NE with 10,000ft of climbing. It was hard but I went for it and utimately paid the price in the last hour when I cracked, really cracked. Crawled to the finish just over 9hrs after starting.....but yes it was fun! . . . . . #gravelworlds #gravelride #IFB #parvillacycles #cycling #vandessel #lincoln
- Night at the ballpark in the 'Burgh! . . . #piratesbaseball #pittsburgh #IFB #mlb