With temperatures close to 60 degrees for the majority of this week in the Mid-Atlantic area it seems that Spring is well on its way and here are ten ways that you can certainly tell in the City of Bowie!
1) People begin to cut their lawns (its only the middle of March!)
2) Garden sprinklers come on at 6:00AM.
3) You can begin to rent a park picnic site.
4) The Bowie Baysox minor league baseball team are auditioning for National Anthem singers!
5) The NCAA tournament is here and the Women Terps are going to reclaim the National Championship!
6) The ABRT/Team Latitude cycling team Tuesday and Thursday evening "hammerfests" begin.
7) Importantly Rita's frozen custard shop has reopened :-)
8) More importantly Sarah and I are needing to renew the State Park pass so we can go to the beach!
9) Based upon item 8) I might need to start shaving the legs more often since they will be on display in public places!
10) Though most importantly a Blue T-14 triathlon bike is now darting around the roads of Bowie and surrounding counties.....yep, the Blue came out for the first time last night!
Is spring on its way in your area?
- With group rides being off the table for the foreseeable future (my own personal choice) it's been fun to spend some more time on the #specializedshiv Time to think of an epic ride to do. . . . . #iridespecialized #specializedfans #IFB #parvillacycles #timetrial #swimbikerun #ironmantri #cyclinglife #triathlon
- Searching out some local gravel for a recovery hour this evening......Bowie Racetrack was perfect! Dead flat, no-one else around, zero cars. 128 furlongs of easy riding. . . . #parvillacycles #gravelride #cycling #ciclismo #bowiemd #IFB
- A throwback for #timetrialtuesday, my last #ironmantri at Louisville in 2013. This year was going to be my "comeback" to the Ironman distance but it will have to wait until 2021. . . . #parvillacycles #IFB #swimbikerun #triathlon #2021goals #pactimo #gurucycles #ironmanlouisville
- Taking The Shiv Out For A Drive