With temperatures close to 60 degrees for the majority of this week in the Mid-Atlantic area it seems that Spring is well on its way and here are ten ways that you can certainly tell in the City of Bowie!
1) People begin to cut their lawns (its only the middle of March!)
2) Garden sprinklers come on at 6:00AM.
3) You can begin to rent a park picnic site.
4) The Bowie Baysox minor league baseball team are auditioning for National Anthem singers!
5) The NCAA tournament is here and the Women Terps are going to reclaim the National Championship!
6) The ABRT/Team Latitude cycling team Tuesday and Thursday evening "hammerfests" begin.
7) Importantly Rita's frozen custard shop has reopened :-)
8) More importantly Sarah and I are needing to renew the State Park pass so we can go to the beach!
9) Based upon item 8) I might need to start shaving the legs more often since they will be on display in public places!
10) Though most importantly a Blue T-14 triathlon bike is now darting around the roads of Bowie and surrounding counties.....yep, the Blue came out for the first time last night!
Is spring on its way in your area?
- Impromptu Bowie Isolation Marathon
- Local Trails are the Best Trails
- Made the most of the morning and had a chilled #solosunday ride. No intervals, no plan...just time outdoors! After a stressful week at work it was much needed.... . . . #parvillacycles #gorewear #gopro #cyclinglife #alwaysevolve #specialized #IFB
- First race week of #2020....@ripitevents Little Patuxent River Run Trail Half Marathon on Sunday. Let's see how the early season training has progessed! . . #ripitevents #salmingrunning #trailrunning #IFB #halfmarathon