VOTE FOR REVOLUTION KIDS - ANNAPOLIS BIKE PROGRAM
As you may know, the City of Annapolis is constantly seeking funding to create innovate programs that can promote physical activity and constructive social connections in the Annapolis community.
Currently, the Dept of Recreation and Parks are collaborating with the Annapolis Police Department and the Annapolis Dept of Transportation on a very exciting youth bicycling initiative called REVOLUTION KIDS. They have the chance to win $5,000 in grant money through the Brighter Planet Fund. But they need your vote!
Please go to the website below and vote for REVOLUTION KIDS (and don't forget that you get three votes!). The project that receives the most votes by December 14th wins the grant money.
A win for this project means:
1) bicycle safety programs in Annapolis Elementary Schools and at the community in general,
2) the chance for teens to learn about bike repair and maintenance as they learn job skills while rehabbing run-down bikes (they earn their own bike in the process),
3) greater awareness of how cars and bikes can safely "share the road",
4) more cycling (a.k.a. more physical activity!) for Annapolis kids!
Cities across the U.S. have incredible cycling programs like Revolution Kids. The time has come to elevate cycling and bike safety in Annapolis.
Please take a moment to cast your vote now!
- Luckily it appears that others haven't got the memo that the pool is open.....been liking the empty lanes during lunchtime swims these past few weeks! . . . . #parvillacycles #IFB #ironman #triathlon #triathlete #ultramantri #swimbikerun #gopro #ironmantri
- Can we start planning on the race schedule for 2021? Progress is being made in the search for vaccines....lets hope so eh? Better start training just in case! . . . . #IFB #parvillacycles #unpavedpa #cyclinglife #vandessel #gravelride #cycling #ciclismo #cyclingphotos
- Christmas Eve ✔ No Work Till 2021 ✔ #Festive500 Day 1 ✔ Wind & Rain ✔ 5hr Bike Ride ✔ Grandma's Cookies ✔ . . . #parvillacycles #IFB #cycling #ciclismo #cookieride #iridespecialized #tifosioptics
- End of year summary for 2020. It ended up being my biggest year in a long time (since I was cycling to work in the UK) and certainly helped by not having to commute into D.C for 9 months. Now the trick will be trying to replicate in coming years as (or if) the commute returns. I definitely respond well to higher volume and that will be important as I look to some future goals. . . . #parvillacycles #IFB #strava #triathlon #swimbikerun #cycling #ultramantri #ironmantri